Good Monday Morning All!
It has been a busy weekend here at DropShots.
1) DropBox – There has been a new DropBox release for both PC and Mac. If you have updated the DropBox recently it should auto-update. Read more here
2) Titles – Titles were a function needed in the old DropShots layout. Because you could only see the first 3 photos for a day, titles were used to provide context and information about the day’s events not represented in what just happen to be the first 3 photos.
On the new system you can see the entire day’s experience represented by all the photos and videos so captions to each image are more purposeful. This also activates the keyword tagging so images can be found via the forthcoming search function as well.
One feature we did add was an identifier on each image that has a caption. Now through the caption function you can add the commentary that tells the story of your day or experience before even clicking to the Large View. Now your viewers can simply scroll over the caption icon and see the caption you made.
We will be appending your previous titles into your site shortly as well. Nothing has been lost.
Remember, to make captions just click below the date on the Large View:
3) "By Date" Update
To make searching and navigating to your photos easier we added the day as well as the date number to the view. If you knew the event was on a Saturday, it will be easier to find the photos you are looking for.
As a navigation summary:
1) Your User Home page is sorted most recent day at top so your viewers can see what’s new at the top.
2) When "By Date" is clicked everything is ordered in date and time chronology.
A) Year – see all photos and images for the entire year
B) Month – see everything in that month
C) Day – see all the fun for that day
3) Search – coming soon.
A) Search only photos
B) Search only videos
C) Search by tag or keyword
4) Large View – see all you photos and videos in big living color while being able to continue scrolling through your entire library.
5) Albums – see the special collections you have put together in separate albums.
Oh, one final note, many of you did not like the idea of having your friends and family rate your photos and videos so we have heard you and will be eliminating that feature off our development list… due to bad ratings!
Have a wonderful week! Keep creating magical memories and sharing them with those you care about!