Have you ever browsed a photography blog and then felt envious because the photos you saw were simply awesome? And then you thought that you could never take anything like that because you lived in the wrong place. Let me tell you that there is no wrong or right place in photography – you can take great shots right at your doorstep, without having to make expensive trips. Here are a few simple ideas that will help you create beautiful and creative images. You don’t have to use expensive equipment, nor use software to heavily manipulate your photos. All you need is some natural light and your imagination.
Turn an Everyday Scene Into a Photo
This is the first thing you’ll need to learn if you want to take beautiful photos. And to be able to see an everyday scene as a photo, you’ll need to:
- mentally separate a scene into various elements that may look good on a photo
- concentrate on the selected element(s) and develop your idea
- study the scene and mentally “preview” it as a photo
- recognize the potential of light, color and focus
- take your camera and try different angles to see which one works best